Check It Out

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankful Number 9 & 10

* I am thankful for a formal education - times two!

I graduated from college the first time in 2000 and then went on to finish my master's degree in 2006 (I took my last grad school final online while on my honeymoon in Maui!) I am thankful that getting an education was burned into my brain by my highly educated parents and Papa (grandpa). They all supported me and saw me through all the ups and downs of the challenge.
I enjoyed my years at Texas A&M University and the University of North Texas. I am grateful that there are quality institutions available so very close all around us. I've even been thinking of going back again - someday . . . maybe in another 10 years. Your mind is the biggest blessing - you should keep filling it with as much quality, uplifting & important things as much as you can for as long as you can. Because of my education I am blessed in so many other areas of my life!


* I am so very, very thankful to live in this blessed nation!

Also, burned into my brain since birth was the responsibility we all have as Americans to love this country! My dad taught me just about everything you can about what it means to be an American. He is a true patriot. Love of country ranks pretty high in our family. History, wars, presidents, battles, ideas . . . so much to know. We live in troubled times but the Lord has given us a choice land to learn and grow in freedom, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

To our founding fathers, soldiers, pioneers and so many more . . . I am blessed because of you. I do not take for granted that I continue to have freedom of speech, the right to bear arms, the freedom of religion, the right to vote . . . it goes on and on. God bless America, because America has blessed me.

No comments: