I am going to have to make up for the four days I haven't done yet - but it is not going to be now. I really need to go to bed soon!
* Today I am thankful for those who have come (and gone) before me. My ancestors - those who gave it all they had & paved the way so that I can now enjoy my very wonderful, blessed life!
This day in history is supposedly around the time that the Pilgrims landed near Plymouth Rock in 1620. It got me thinking about all the family history I am so happy that I know about. I am thankful for the brave men and women who wanted a better life. Those who gave up everything to have freedom of religion. Those who had supreme faith in God. Then those who just wanted a better life in America (from all over Europe) and came a hundred years or more later. Those who came across the sea, the came across the land and kept going year after year. Both my husband and I have a very rich line of ancestry - with stories, events and histories of our grandfathers and grandmothers dating back far, far into years past. We are tied to them.
We are especially happy and blessed to both have such a rich American pioneer heritage from the 1800's and in the early years of the growth of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Our children will know about these wonderful souls - members of our family who have left us a beautiful legacy. I know how blessed I am because someone took the time to write it all down - which is why I am trying to do that now.
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment