Check It Out

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 5 & 6 of Thankfulness

Yesterday was a super busy day for us. I didn't get around to posting my thankful ideas. So here are two to make it up.

* I am thankful for adventures!

Any adventure really. I love to travel, rock out at concerts, experience culture and just have fun! Last night Ryan and I went on a date to see Ryan's ultimate favorite guitarist/singer - Warren Haynes. Don't worry - I didn't know who he was either until I married Ryan. Anyway, it was a very small venue and we were able to get a front row spot. Ryan ended up getting two guitar picks and a set list from the concert. What a happy boy! We both like music and I was happy to go with Ryan on this small adventure.

It got me thinking of all the other fun times, adventures, travels and exploration I have had throughout my life. As our list of seeing famous (and not so famous) concerts and musicians grows currently - in the past I have been blessed to have traveled all over Europe - visited 11 countries, vacationed or visited more than 35 of the 50 U.S. states and been to exciting cities with friends & family like Anchorage, Oahu, Orlando, Boston, Chicago, San Diego & New York City. I have seen beautiful cathedrals, ancient cities & landmarks, works of art in museums all over this country & the world and so much more. I am thankful for having seen and experienced so much. My life has definitely had some great adventures and I plan to have so many more!


* I am thankful for the blessing of motherhood.

I had to wait longer than I would have liked to start enjoying being a mother - only because I was 30 yrs old before our first daughter was born. In nearly four short years I have learned and grown so much from two little angles who are my light and joy in life! I am so blessed to have children. To be a mother is a gift. Even when I am having a hard day or my patience wears thin, my two sweet girls love me, forgive me and encourage me in their own way. Some days are better than others but each day brings love. I have so much to learn and so much more to grow in as a parent but I know that being a mother is the most important job I could ever have and I am going to do my best to teach & nurture my children with all I have. I love being a mother! I love my two sweet girls so much. The Lord has truly blessed me.

No comments: