Check It Out

Friday, April 4, 2008

Where Oh Where Can It Be?

. . . My Brain. I have lost it this week and would really like to have it back. I like being able to function calmly and I can't do that with it missing. Here is what my week looked like the past few days without it.

Monday - Mistakenly left my debit/credit card at home but didn't realize it until I had gone all the way through the grocery line at Wal-mart and had no other means of payment! I saved myself from complete shame and embarrassment at the last minute when I figured out that I could write a check! Minus two more brain points for not remembering that in the first place!

Tuesday - Went to Bethany's doctor's appointment and forgot to bring her insurance card with me. It was still all cozy in Ryan's wallet from the last time we used our insurance card for my surgery in February. Good thing they had a copy of it in the office. ~ I then proceeded to leave Bethany's shot records at the doctor's office and didn't realize it until the next day. I called and they nurse had put them in her file. - WHEW!

Wednesday - Made a yummy new recipe for dinner for Ryan and I. There were left overs that I had planned to let Ryan take to lunch with him the next day. I left them out on the tall kitchen counter in a Tupperware container to cool down and we went on a short walk around the park. When we returned I sensed something was wrong but couldn't put my finger on it. I had completely forgotten about the food and didn't remember until about 2 hours later when I walked back into the kitchen and kicked something on the floor - the container of now EMPTY food. Dulce doggy had apparently had a yummy snack while we went to the park. Sneaky dog!

Friday - In between going to another doctor's appointment for me, going to the bookstore and filling up my gas tank, I somehow managed to lose Bethany's favorite toy! We call it Merry Moose and she LOVES it! SAD! What kind of mother looses her baby's favorite toy?!?!?! I can't find it anywhere and the last time I remember seeing her with it was at my doctor's office. I am going to have to go to Babies-R-Us and get her a replacement Moose right away!

Maybe my brain will find its way back to me very soon. I really hope so - at this rate it is only a matter of time before these little things add up. Hey! I bet I know where I can find it - a nice relaxing spa getaway - does anyone want to send me there to find it? Please let me know if you do - that would be peachy!

<: -)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on that one! Parker sucked up all my brain juice! It's a wonder all these mothers can hold down the fort with multiple children! :)

Rhia Jean said...

That's happened to me before...losing my brain. Don't worry, it will find it's way back eventually!

Ruth said...

one time i put the 3 gallons of yummy blue bell that i just bought at the store in the fridge. it was past even the soup drinkable stage the next morning when james found it in there---what a waste

Jen said...

I had a feeling the leftovers story was somehow going to turn out well for Miss Dulce. :o)

Be sure to buy two moose/mooses/meese. Just in case you lose another one.

I'll join you at the spa!