Bethany is rounding the corner to 7 months old soon and she is on the move. Most recently she has started sitting up - with lots of help and support. She will sit up and play with her toys for a long while if I am right there sitting next to her. The minute I move over a little to see if she will do it by herself it's over. Sitting up is something I make her practice everyday. We have floor toy time in the afternoons and I can see the progress she is making everyday. She will be upright in no time . . . hopefully in the next week or so.

In addition to learning her sitting up trick, Bethany has also learned some other "tricks" that aren't so practical. This morning I went to get Miss B out of her crib and found her turned sideways with both her legs stuck through the bed railing. She was sleeping that way! Funny girl. She has done it before where she gets her leg through the slats but usually it is only one leg - today it was two. Poor baby hasn't figured out how to get unstuck. She is constantly wiggling and moving in her bed even when she is asleep. Often we will hear her in her bed at night or during the day kicking her legs up in the air and slamming them onto her crib mattress. It makes a very loud thunking noise. Again this afternoon I went in to get her from her nap and she was completely turned around in the opposite direction. At first I wondered if I had placed her facing that way and then I remember I didn't. She had done a complete 180 and was a happy camper.
I know this is only the beginning!

3 comments:
I'm glad Ollie isn't the only one who needs a little help to stay upright! We just learned razzing this week...
Bethany is so cute! I can't wait to have you guys around more.
Fun--love all the pics, posts, and new look!!
I love the expression on Behtany's face in the second picture! She is getting so big!
Post a Comment