I have been very blessed my whole life to have a wonderful father, grandfather (Papa), a great husband and fun-loving father-in-law! I wish them all the best of the best on this day that we all remember the men who have a special place in our hearts. I am definitely a "daddy's girl" to be sure. I LOVE all the men in my life and am so thankful for their hard work, generous hearts and big smiles. It is a special time today as Ryan celebrates his first Father's Day of many to come!
Bethany with her Grand Pappy Joe in his easy chair at the Williamson farm.
Bethany with Grandpa Leavitt . . . he can make her laugh and smile like no other!
Bethany and Ryan when she was just two weeks old!
Me and my grandparents . . . my Mama Judy and Papa. I just completed a memorial tribute to my Papa in honor of his wonderful life. We miss him so much! Me with my dad (I get away with calling him Pappy) . . . no one can describe the ultimate LOVE I have for this man . . . he is my HERO and one of the best friends a gal could ever have. Love you Dad!
Just for my dad I thought I would add some things that are special about him. Namely all his funny sayings . . .
Pappy Joe -isms:
Favorite Terms –
· Pole Cat = skunk
· Baby Pole Cat = little stinker
· Barnyard Buzzard = Chicken
· Puff, Super Puff and Puffy = All levels of Good
· Wal-Rus-Mart = Wal-mart
· Flopping a Lip = Kissing ( Did it curl your toes?)
· The flipper = remote control
· Wet behind the ears = lack of experience or immature
· BS, MS and PhD = , more the same and piled higher and deeper
· The Black Reptile = his black leather belt
· Vacation Chariot = specifically our brown wood-panel wagon that went cross country
· BFC = Butt Freezing Cold
· Getting a “Find” = ( like when he goes to the flea market)
· Having a “Blowout” = A really huge, big party or gathering
Dad’s favorite joke = Eskimo Babies
Dad’s grading system - A’s, B’s and F’s
Theories = Squirrel Gene Theory – Every family has a few squirrel genes !!!
Favorite Sayings –
· Darn Pup
· Cat fur to make kitten britches . . .Do you want the first pair?
· Runs like a spotted ape
· What did the monkey say when it got it’s tail cut off ? . . . . It won’t be long now.
· Mom mothered Angela and then re-mothered the rest of us.
· Hanging us by our toenails (a threat made when we were bad)
· I must have been listening with my deaf ear.
· I want 300 more just like you.
· Come here so I can pet you.
· Love makes the world go ‘round, but money greases the wheels.
· Going to see his psychiatrist (In Florida)
· When my barge come in . . . .
· Fat, dumb and happy
And then more . . .
- "Williamson Farm Home, Joe the field hand speaking"
- Also, "Angie the milk maid"
- Pray over the food so we don't get tomain poison
- Party barge = flat topped pontoon boats
- BTR = bath tub room
- embarking on marital (or matrimonial) bliss = getting married
- Paul Bunyan breakfast = large breakfast
- "flop a lip" also means to taste or eat something, "Best thing you ever flopped a lip over."
- calls sons-in-law "grooms", "Angie, how is your groom doing?" also calls them “fun-in-laws"
- His new creation: "fluff nutter sandwich" (peanut butter, honey and marshmallow spread)
- Leslie is "the fox"
- taking a nap = resting his eyes
- an SUV is an "Urban Assault Vehicle"
- grand urchins = grandkids
- fish camp = cabin @ Toledo Bend
- tells us to drive carefully because all our assets are in the car with us.
There are WAY more . . . I just wanted to give you a sampling. Love you Dad!
To all the GREAT Daddies we love . . . HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!



No comments:
Post a Comment