Enough Is Enough!
That is what I have to say to all the critical, cynical, sarcastic, pessimistic people out there. I am TIRED of reading, listening to and seeing all sorts of people I know (especially members of the church) let these sad attributes take over their personalities and lives! Now, I am not saying that on occasion I haven't been critical of someone or something or pessimistic about my circumstances in life, but COME ON . . . I usually don't let it stick around very long and let myself become those things. Sadly, some are allowing those words to unknowingly define who they are and unfortunately in return are showing their true colors.
This is just my opinion. Some people I know give their opinions liberally without much thought or regard to those who may be affected by them. I rarely get on a soap box about many issues but this one needed some attention.
Just a refresher in case you are wondering what kind of people we ought to BE.
President Hinckley said it best . . .
Be Grateful
Be Smart
Be Clean
Be True
Be Humble
Be Prayerful
. . . and I would add Be Positive, Forgiving, Charitable, Optimistic, Loving, Kind, Excited about Life, Energetic, and Enthusiastic! Those are also great qualities and attributes to desire. Don't you think?
No where have I EVER found that we should BE Critical, Pessimistic, Cynical or Sarcastic about life and the world around us !!!! So quit your belly aching, moaning, complaining and griping and GET HAPPY! Or if you must do those things . . . just remember the old saying . . . 'If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything AT ALL!' Please, please save those around you from your misery. It really is no fun.
I think we can all take a lesson in this. I know I need to try harder and do better than my best to shake off the yucky and embrace the wonderful. So if you are in need . . . get yourself an attitude adjustment.
:-)
That is what I have to say to all the critical, cynical, sarcastic, pessimistic people out there. I am TIRED of reading, listening to and seeing all sorts of people I know (especially members of the church) let these sad attributes take over their personalities and lives! Now, I am not saying that on occasion I haven't been critical of someone or something or pessimistic about my circumstances in life, but COME ON . . . I usually don't let it stick around very long and let myself become those things. Sadly, some are allowing those words to unknowingly define who they are and unfortunately in return are showing their true colors.
This is just my opinion. Some people I know give their opinions liberally without much thought or regard to those who may be affected by them. I rarely get on a soap box about many issues but this one needed some attention.
Just a refresher in case you are wondering what kind of people we ought to BE.
President Hinckley said it best . . .
Be Grateful
Be Smart
Be Clean
Be True
Be Humble
Be Prayerful
. . . and I would add Be Positive, Forgiving, Charitable, Optimistic, Loving, Kind, Excited about Life, Energetic, and Enthusiastic! Those are also great qualities and attributes to desire. Don't you think?
No where have I EVER found that we should BE Critical, Pessimistic, Cynical or Sarcastic about life and the world around us !!!! So quit your belly aching, moaning, complaining and griping and GET HAPPY! Or if you must do those things . . . just remember the old saying . . . 'If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything AT ALL!' Please, please save those around you from your misery. It really is no fun.
I think we can all take a lesson in this. I know I need to try harder and do better than my best to shake off the yucky and embrace the wonderful. So if you are in need . . . get yourself an attitude adjustment.
:-)

1 comment:
straight up! i total agree.
your new house sounds exciting - I can't wait to see it. and bethany is a doll - i love watching her grow :)
Post a Comment