Wednesday, February 20, 2008
One Of Those Fashion Don'ts
Yesterday I went to the hospital to pick up my paperwork for surgery and register. The nice lady said it was going to take an hour or more to get all my paperwork completed and get my labs done so I opted to go again first thing this morning instead to head off the rush of sicklings waiting to register as well. I fed Bethany, changed her, put my clothes on and headed out the door by 8:25 am. The wait was again more than an hour long . . . more like two and half hours from start to finish for the whole "registration/lab" process. UGH! After signing on the X that I knew the risks of surgery & could potentially die, I was patiently waiting to get my blood drawn when I discovered something REALLY embarssing. In my rush to get the baby and myself out the door I had brainlessly put my pants on inside-out! As I looked down in horror I could see the very large inseam and hem of my pants blinking brightly like of our Vegas signs! I had been walking around like that for two hours and not one person ever noticed. Even the nice retired couple that sat next to me and ooohed and awed over Bethany for the better part of 45 minutes failed to point out my fashion blunder. If I had seen someone with their pants on inside-out I would surely mention it to them, maybe. Right then as luck would have it was time for me to pee in a cup! I was never so glad to get to that restroom so I could change my pants back to the way I should have had them in the first place. What more can I say . . . it must be true afterall . . . you lose braincells when you have children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
when you have children you become very forgetful for just about everything. this was a cute blog-about how only you noticed your pants inside out. hope your surgery goes well!
Okay, nice retired people are old. They don't know the latest fashion trends and they probably thought that was the new "in" thing to do...wear their pants inside out. And watch, pretty soon, all of the nice retired people in your city will be wearing their pants inside out because they think it's the new fashion trend and they want to look young.
Hilarious! I remember when I was nursing and I forgot to button one of my shirt buttons. I don't know how long it had been like that. I vowed after that to tell people when I noticed something that needed to be fixed!
Post a Comment