
Today I am stranded at home all day . . . there was a flat tire on one of our cars this morning so Ryan had to drive the car I usually have to work instead leaving me & Miss Bethany at home to play all day. I decided since she is growing so fast some of her adorable clothes won't fit much longer - hence the living room photo shoot.
She was very cooperative and took some darling pics as you can see. The middle picture is the best and my personal favorite. For all her grandmas and great-grandmas out there ~ I promise to get you some professional pics of her really soon. I plan to do that next week. If you look closely in the pictures the bottom of her shirt says "little squirrel" next to the squirrel and tree. Too Cute! She in no way has anything to do with this next part. Read On . . .
In case you were wondering (& and I know you are) the phrase "squirrelly" is actually slang for crazy or odd. I thought this was fitting seeing as how Bethany's outfit, especially her pants, has squirrels all over them. It also reminded me of a famous theory my very funny dad has past on through the generations called his "Squirrel Gene Theory". For those of you wondering what this theory may be here is a quick definition:
** When God was creating all the animals, etc. the human gene pool pot and the squirrel gene pool were right next to each other. Somehow a wild squirrel jumped over into the human pot and got mixed in. From that point on throughout all history every family now has some special soul they may consider a little (or a lot) "squirrelly".
Every family has at least one person. You know, the auntie, uncle or 2nd cousin who makes family gathering a hoot! I know that our family has more than enough "squirrells" to go around. I bet my sisters are laughing right now because they know of all the colorful personalities we adore as our kin.
I just think it is funny . . . so when you read this, give some time to think of that beloved family memeber and give them the recoginition they deserve because "squirrels" need love too.

3 comments:
What a cutie patootie! Can't wait to see her in person. Just one more week! I've missed the Pappy Joe stories...makes me laugh.
Lori,
Little Bethany is a cutie! I love the outfit. Don't you love just shopping for girls-there are so many cute things out there! Hope all is going well.
Those pics make me laugh - Addie keeps her hands balled up all the time and fights me like crazy when I try to dress her!
Post a Comment